I was tagged by Lena from Coffee Cat in a post called Elevens:
This is how it goes…
- You must post the rules
- Post 11 fun facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag 11 people and link them in your post
- Let them know you have tagged them.
Fun Facts about Zhenya:
1. I sometimes talk about myself in 3rd person
2. I knew I was going to live in the US since I was 14.
3. I’ve been to the States 3 times (a total of 2 1/2 years) before actually moving here for good.
4. I love bacon.
5. Some day I might just become Jewish, yes, I do have those occasional thoughts.
6. My English grades in school were always better than my Russian ones, even though Russian is my first language.
7. I can knit, crochet, cross-stitch, sew and make beads bracelets (no bragging here, just listing the facts)
8. Up until 9th grade I sucked in gym class, and then something happened and I got on the track team in High School, and later in college as well.
9. I have a Masters Degree in Cultural Studies, my senior thesis was about Russian-American inter cultural communications.
10. There was a period in my life when I did nothing but paint, I seriously thought of becoming an artist.
11. I have seen Keanu Reeves, Alec Baldwin, Kramer from Seinfeld, Charlotte and Miranda from Sex in the City, while living in Manhattan.
And here are my answers to Lena’s questions:
1. What is the biggest lesson your mother taught you?
The importance of saving money, because growing up we had very little.
2. If you had a chance to go on a date with one celebrity, who would you choose? Why?
Nicholas Cage, don’t ask me why
3. What is missing in your life right now?
Nothing really, ever since I got married, it’s been wonderful!
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
Brownies and White Chocolate M&M’s
5. What are your favorite stores to shop?
Thrift stores (Salvation Army, Goodwill), TJ Maxx and Marshalls, Opitz
6. You have a free evening at home; what would you do?
Chores (boring I know, but I’ve been working 6 days a week lately, so I really don’t have time to do them); if it’s not the chores – then watching TV with my hubby!
7. Why do you blog?
Because I can NOT to, I have been blogging since I was 19 or 20, and I believe I have a lot to say. I will admit that sometimes I have the celebrity syndrome, when I think I am extremely popular, but almost 100,000 views on my blog is really impressive, don’t you think?
8. What is/are your talent/s?
I am bilingual
That’s a talent alright. I also think I am a very talented interpreter.
9. If someone offered to pay for you next vacation, where would you go and why?
Colorado, because someone did agree to pay for my next vacation
And Colorado is simply awesome!
10. What makes you stand out in a crowd?
Usually my outfit, and my confidence (yeah the celebrity syndrome kicking in again)
11. What is your drink of choice at Starbucks?
I hate Starbucks, but if I absolutely had to get something from there, I would go with a soy based iced frappucino
Now my questions and the list of people who will have to answer them
1. If you had to be named after a city, state, or country (etc), which would you want it to be?
2. What did you do for your latest birthday?
3. What is your favorite commercial?
4. Have you ever been in a food fight? Where and when? And who started it?
5. Have you ever sold/donated your blood? If you haven’t do you want to?
6. Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
7. What do you think Victoria’s secret is?
8. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question, who would you select and what is the question?
9. If you join the circus, what would you perform?
10. Have you ever eaten a crayon, or glue? Or what strange thing have you eaten?
11. What is the strangest name someone has introduced themselves as to you? What is their real name?
The next ELEVEN are:
Have fun everyone