The Russian Easter tradition calls for a tall pie-like baked product, also know as “Kulich”. Now, not being a fan of the phallic symbol meaning, very often ascribed to this specific product, I decided to make an easter pie, using the same recipe, and my new oven!
1. Start off with melting 1 stick of butter (150 grams), and beating 5 eggs into it.
2. Add 2 1/2 cups (350 grams) white sugar
3. Add 7 oz (200 grams) of Cottage Cheese
4. Then 2 1/2 cups of flour
5. Don’t forget 2 tbsp baking powder! Then mix all the ingredients
6. Add some raisins (that’s the traditional filling, though this year I saw them add candied fruit). Pour/scrape/do whatever you can to get the batter into the pan! Here is mine, sitting in the oven @ 350 F/180 C.
Leave it there for 40 minutes or so! And Ta-Da!
You can add icing, or powdered sugar, but I used 0% fat cottage cheese, so what icing are you talking about?
Oh yeah, we ate some of it too!