I switched from highlights to balayage in 2014, when I saw an picture on Instagram and knew that my hair didn’t have to look stripey, but could have a beautiful blended effect. And have been a balayage convert ever since.
Melissa spent about 4 hours on the cut and color but it was so worth it! Last time I got my hair done I wasn’t happy with the cut. The girl cut out a weird bang portion that I was looking to get blended in, resulting in me requesting Melissa to take about 2 inches off.
The balayage looks amazing, I got baby lights added, which I’ve never had before, they make the blond strands stand out even more. I also got to try Schwarzkopf hair dye again after a very long break. Schwarzkopf is a really popular brand in Russia, but having been living in the States for a long time, and coming from Minneapolis, which is Aveda central, it was a nice change.
Now bleached hair can be tricky to take care of, that’s why I also want to share my favorite products that help me keep my hair looking blonder and healthier longer.
- Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner – use these once or twice a week to keep your hair from looking too yellow.
- Maple Holistics Grapeseed Oil – rich in vitamin E, it’s perfect for hair growth. I love deep conditioning my hair and massaging my scalp with it about once a week.
- Coconut Curls by OGX – even though my hair is pretty straight, I use this product on my ends to keep them from being too dry.
- Matrix Heat Buffer – a must have spray for every time I use a styling tool, like the GHD curve featured in last weeks Beauty Brunch Post, a blow dryer or a straightener.
- Matrix So Long Damage Iron Tamer – a cream type of heat protectant. I use this on damp hair more than anything. The heat buffer (#4) is perfect for dry hair.
- L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil – perfect for a finishing touch to make my hair smooth and shiny. See the full review on L’Oreal’s Extraordinary Hair line on my YouTube channel.
- Dessange Paris Color Restorative Top Coat Serum with UV filter – same idea as the oil above, but the UV protectant makes it my number one choice!
I hope you enjoyed my hair transformation and find my list of products helpful! Let me know if you’ve tried any of the above and what your opinion is! Have a product that works for you? Please share that as well in the comments below!