I know I am already feminine, I wear dresses and heels, and put on make-up every day, but today while I was at SPSS on South Lyndale Ave, I decided that I need more girlyness in my life.
So how do I do that?
1. First of all – I am not going to wear T-shirts anymore, the kind that looks like this:
I actually wore the exact same shirt today, lol! These shirts are only going to be left in my closet for one reason – to work out! Even when you go to sleep – wear some sexy pajamas.
2. No baggy, loose pants or boyfriend jeans.
I have a pair of loose Ralf Lauren shorts size 4 which I freecycled back in NYC, and my husband hates them. Today he told me that my butt looks big in them That’s his way of telling me to get rid of those shorts.
Mine are the same style, but navy blue. My advice is to simply wear pants that fit! Also a tip – Boyfriend jeans look good on girls with flat butts (seriously) – if you have curves – don’t be afraid to show them!
Scarves, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets are going to be your best friend. And remember Coco Chanel’s famous quote – “take one thing off before leaving the house”!
4. Say good bye to ugly shoes (flip-flops from Old Navy or other cheap stores – leave those for the beach). FYI – UGGS are ugly too, in fact I think UGG is a derivative from UGLY. Besides they don’t support the arch of your foot, and that’s not good!
5. Make-up is your best friend, and the older you get, the more helpful it becomes:)
Also check out these YouTube gurus, especially their make-up tutorials, pay attention to the before and then after
6. Make sure you take time to groom yourself – hair, skin and body need to be in top shape! I do know some girly girls who let themselves go, and then they become fat and ugly, and all the cuteness is gone. I am sorry, but it’s true. So invest some money into regular hair cuts, skin care products and good tennis shoes.
And remember – investing money into beauty procedures isn’t just the celebrities’ prerogative – you can do it too, and you can do it on a budget! There are plenty of beauty recipes on a budget!
I hope you all have a fabulous night, tomorrow I am going to blog about staying fit without going to the gym – and some foods that keep me skinny!