How are you? I am still stuck in the 90’s. Not sure why, maybe because of all the velvet that reminds me of that decade. This Ragstock dress is no exception, I might even wear it on Valentine’s Day, because why not?
Let’s talk a little about Valentine’s Day, shall we? Here are a few thoughts that I would like to share and tell you how mine is going to pan out a week from Sunday.
- It’s a Sunday, so I will get to sleep in, snuggle up with everyone, and by everyone I mean Sam and Mason (our dog).
- Drink unbelievable amounts of coffee. On my way home from my late night class yesterday I caught myself thinking that “Wouldn’t it be nice to come home, drink coffee and do homework?”. Yes, my friends think I am weird.
- Valentine’s day is always our half-versary (is this even a word?), since we got married on August 14. This is how I actually remember when we got married, because we’ve forgotten our anniversary on a number of occasions.
- Sometime around 1 pm Sam and I are going to go get me a cake. I don’t like the sweet thick icing cakes, so we are going to go to Lund’s & Biyearly’s and I am going to pick out something completely ridiculous. Last year it was a Butterfinger cake. And the year before it was a chocolate cake with (I swear) 2 lbs of raspberries on top! Man I love my cake. We are going to spend the next 2 weeks trying to consume the cake. It will probably dry up and I will have to throw away at least a quarter.
- Then I am going to realize I have homework to do, and will spend the rest of my day working on some group project that involves creating a unique idea and implementing it without spending any amount of money.
And this is how we do Valentine’s day Hutson style! Happy Thursday friends!
PS. Romance is not dead, maybe…