… I married my best friend, and a year later we still haven’t killed each other! I think this is quiet an achievement!
And to celebrate my 1 year wedding anniversary on my blog, here is some advice/wisdom I learned from my wedding:
1. All I cared about was getting my guests fed, seriously! That’s why there was bacon wrapped stake on the menu!
2. Another thing I tried my best to do was keep the wedding under 10 grand, and we were able to accomplish that as well!
3. I wanted a really good photographer. And I found one, on Craigslist! You never know where good things in life come from!
4. I didn’t stress out over anything, well maybe a little, but things seemed to have somehow fallen in place, I found a hairstylist/makeup artist, an extra bridesmaid (thank you Annemarie you were a rock star ), did my own flowers, nails, and toes, rocked a pair of 5 inch suede heels, which I still have and wear.
5. Here is the TRUTH, all I wanted from that wedding is for it to be over, so that normal life could begin. And that’s the most important thing to remember – one day is nothing in comparison to a lifetime spent together. I still have wedding photos that need to be framed!
Call me lazy, or boring, or weird, but a wedding is a wedding, but marriage is way WAY more important. So enjoy your day, but don’t get too obsessed!
PS. Please show it to all the brides you know!
And as a bonus and for all of you who missed it, here are some of my favorite shots from that day!
Check out my hot penguin pants Yes, I am that trendy!
The ceremony and the picture taking got the best of me, and I was really tired by the time we got to this point:
But we still pulled off this Hollywood style kiss:
My favorite part of the reception was the cake:
Needless to say this cake ended up in my nose, my eye, my hair But it was exceptionally good!
It’s important for the bride to stay goofy – so here is an asparagus mustache for you
I liked the little place cards too, and yes my real full name is Evgeniya, though I rarely go by it:
And did I tell you I did my own flowers? And that they came from Costco and that I paid less than $120 for them???
Oh wait, I did, so never mind
Thanks to my heels I was taller than Doug
And almost as tall as Sam
Would I want to live through my wedding day again? Probably not, but I am loving every day I spend with my husband, so there
Also here is the original post from a year ago, feel free to check it out as well!