A boy in my class has a dog, and when you ask – What’s your dog’s name, he always says – Winston dog! It’s never just Winston, it’s always Winston dog! Unlike the cat – the cat he just calls kitty cat!
When my husband was growing up he had a dog named Mike, and she (yes, SHE!) was a doberman. I never got to meet Mike… But I got to meet Gilda, and even though it’s been over 2 years since she died, we love her, remember her and miss her!
This DIY is for Sam, and Gilda, and all of you dog lovers out there!
For this DIY you are going to need:
- A frame – mine came from an estate sale, and is probably older than I am,
- Some sort of fabric or cardboard, I picked hemp,
- A stencil – I always make my own by printing it off the Internet and carefully cutting it out,
- Paint – I used 3 different kinds and I am not sure one of them is even a paint, because it’s a nail polish – white paint for the frame, gold acrylic paint for the hemp part of the frame, and nail polish for the fabric,
- Nails, or push pins,
- Ribbon to hang your artwork up!
For this project all you need to do is:
1. Cut the material (fabric or other) to fit the frame.
2. Lay out your stencil and carefully fill it in.
3. Paint the frame if that’s required.
4. Put it all together and you are done!
Happy Hump Day everyone! Don’t forget to join in tomorrow for #ThriftStyleThursday – it’s going to be plaid central!