I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #BeautyInspiration #CollectiveBias
What are your go-to evening/special occasion makeup looks? Do you accentuate your eyes, or lips or both? Today I’ve created a tutorial for you, that’s inspired by the 60′s, my favorite style and beauty decade. I like to think of it as glam, some people like to call it bombshell. Whatever the name is, this look will make you feel like a million bucks, and boost your confidence. I also hope that this will be a helpful prom make up idea, and a good continuation to the prom style posts I wrote. You can check them out here and here.
For this look I’ll be using: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in Ivory, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara in Extreme Black, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl in Black, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick #107
To create today’s look I made a stop at Walmart and picked up a couple new products by Rimmel London, like their new mascara. Hands down Rimmel London has the best cheap mascara – $5.47 for this Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Baby! That can’t be beat. Plus their Stay Matte foundation is simply wonderful. I really like how Walmart’s beauty aisles are at the front of the store, they are not as crowded, and you can get in and out in under 20 minutes.
- Start by applying the foundation. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation is a liquid mousse, so you need very little! Yay for longer lasting products!
- Define your brows! They frame the face!
- Apply eyeshadow primer and eyeshadow of your choice. I recommend lighter, neutral colors.
- Next apply the eyeliner. If cat eye is something you haven’t mastered yet, stop at the outer conner of your eye. You’ll still achieve the defined and bold look. Trust me!
- Now it’s mascara’s turn. I love Rimmel mascaras, I just can’t emphasize that enough. There are very few drugstore mascaras that are actually good. But the Retro Glam one is amazing. I think it’s the perfect combination of formula and the shape of the brush that help define and create thick full lashes.
- Next is powder. You need just a little bit to set the foundation.
- Blush is optional for this look. I skipped the step, as I have very defined cheek bones.
- And finally the lipstick. I can’t get enough of Kate’s matte collection. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
As for the hair, I teased the top part, pinned it in the back, and curled the bottom part to create a Bridget Bardot inspired look. What do you guys think?
I also have some great news! Rimmel London is celebrating it’s 180 year anniversary (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) and is giving away 25 $50 gift baskets with our favorite Rimmel products*. There also will be $1 coupons in the Sunday newspaper near you! So don’t miss your chance to win and save! You know you can always use some new foundation or mascara!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Coty® Rimmel® Giveaway starts at 4/2/14 at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) ET and ends on 4/25/14 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to (i) members of the Social Fabric community, (ii) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (iii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Click here for Official Rules and details including how to enter, entry criteria, prizes and restrictions, etc. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.
What are some of your favorite drugstore makeup products? Do tell!
Find me here:
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram // Minneapolis a la Mode // Bloglovin’
Check out Rimmel London’s Tumblr! It’s full of great ideas, inspirations, and tutorials.