A couple weeks ago I found this amazing vintage skirt at the Goodwill outlet:
See it’s all vintage, made in the US too
And it has pockets:
Now here is what I did – I put the skirt on As you can tell it’s kind of an awkward length and a little loose too!
Then I took a bobby pin (don’t judge me – I’m using whatever is available ) And put it where I wanted the highest hem point of the skirt to be:
Next I Laid it flat and drew a line with some soap – the best fabric marker ever made!
And then took my scissors out and cut the excess fabric off:
Then I tried the skirt on again, just to make sure I was happy with the new length:
Then came the hard part – deciding how to accentuate the inner seam, because it was going to be visible either way. I wanted to do a ribbon hem (I saw one in another refashionista’s blog), but the ribbon I picked was just wrong for it. So I chose some wide bias tape, also vintage (I freecycled that item)- you can tell by the price on the packaging:
And finally I sewed it on, using my sewing machine, then folded it over and stitched it on by hand:
I promise to post an outfit photo sometime soon! I was originally going to wear this to the wedding, but was too lazy to finish it on time
Let me know what you think of this refashion,