Yay, I am back with a new DIY. And today’s DIY is a beauty/health project. Don’t you love those? I do! I am always looking for some homemade recipes to try out, and the best thing is – you already have most of the ingredients!
Today I am going to share a recipe of a homemade rosewater, glycerin, witch hazel and rosemary toner. Here’s what you’ll need:
- a bottle (made out of dark glass, or any bottle that doesn’t let the sun rays through, or just keep this toner in a dark place )
- a measuring cup! (love my PYREX one!)
- 1/2 cup Witch hazel
- 1 cup Rose Water with Glycerin (if you only have rose water, you will need 2 tbsp of glycerin)
- 10 drops of rosemary oil (The benefits of rosemary oil are: Rosemary oil has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. When applied on the skin, it rejuvenates the skin condition by improving blood circulation and fortifying the blood capillaries present in the skin. It can fight inflammation and skin irritations and is useful in treating acne, dermatitis, eczema and other skin diseases. Regular massaging with rosemary oil can make your skin smooth and glowing).
I chose rosemary oil for two main reasons:
1. That is the only essential oil that I currently have
2. I firmly believe that it helps with acne!
Now here is what you do!
Step 1: Prepare your bottle (mine came from Marshall’s and it actually came with water ) – make sure it’s clean and the lid goes on well.
Step 2: Measure 1 cup of Rose water and pour into the bottle:
Step 3: Measure 1/2 cup Witch hazel and pour into the bottle:
Step 3: Now add the rosemary oil (or any other essential oil of your choice – as long as it benefits your skin!)
And you are done! Enjoy your amazing home made face toner. And let me know how it works on your skin!