When it comes to cookies, Chocolate Chip is the favorite one in our couple! There are so many different recipes out there, even bags of chocolate chips come with a recipe on them! Tried that once, didn’t work!
I will share our fav recipe with all of you today, so you can stop looking, but as you may have already notice in the picture above – we like to add M&M’s instead of regular chocolate chips!
The original recipe came from allrecipes.com , the one below is Sam and Zhenya’s
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a bag of M&M’s (we usually buy the 21.7 oz, or the 42 oz, and whatever is left over – we snack on!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.