Going through the closet I came across a piece of gray pleather, the origins of which remain unknown 🙂 And today I decided to make a purse out of it. Super easy, the only thing – it took half a day. So if you want to repeat this DIY project, make sure you have plenty of free time! All you have to do is follow these steps:
1. Fold the material in half, inside out:
2. Fold in about half an inch on the bottom
3. Outline the future seams, using a pencil and a ruler:
4. Sew the sides, fold the top and sew it with a running stitch:
5. Sew the lining, take a piece of fabric, I chose the bright orange and white one, fold it in half, just like you did with the pleather, and sew the side seams.
6. Cut up tassels, I have a total of 22 of them, 11 on each side! You will need manicure scissors to cut lines along the sides of the purse and insert those tassels. Remember, tassels go in before the lining, otherwise you can end up cutting your lining.
7. Sew the lining to the top of the purse. Sorry I didn’t take a picture of that, but here is what it looks like on a finished product:
8. Make the handles, by cutting a strip of pleather, and then sewing it up with one seam. It will take a while for the handles to flatten out. The will look like hollow tubes for a while 🙂
9. Sew the handles to the top of the purse. The length of handles is up to you, I didn’t really think about the length of mine, because the length of that piece of pleather dictated the length of the handles.
Happy DIYing eberybody,